Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Problem with a Clutch Repair - Please Advise

While installing a new clutch kit on my 99 Outback Sport I ran into a problem...

The Input shaft housing in the transmission is heavily worn, the T/O Bearing wore out and so while clutch was engaged it was rubbing against the shaft creating a pronounced grove. I can replace the throw out bearing, however im not sure if the shaft housing in this transmission can be replaced, and if not, can it be repaired?

Your thoughts are appreciated...

While installing a new clutch kit on my 99 Outback Sport I ran into a problem...

The Input shaft housing in the transmission is heavily worn, the T/O Bearing wore out and so while clutch was engaged it was rubbing against the shaft creating a pronounced grove. I can replace the throw out bearing, however im not sure if the shaft housing in this transmission can be replaced, and if not, can it be repaired?

Your thoughts are appreciated...

Ok, here it is, you owe me, LOL !!

http://www.tranquil-usa.com/

thanks for all the support,

I finally located a dealer with the snout kit in stock. It seems the company who makes the kit (PDM) went out of business, and so now the kits are hard to find, at least in my area of Florida. (subarus arent as widely found here as in the north where the AWD comes in handy for winter weather)

Anyway Crisis Averted!!

Thanks