Ultimate Subaru Message Board

shocks...

scrap487

ok I might have asked this before or someone else may have... but the search function isnt working for me right now :banghead:

anyways, I'm wondering what shock people have used with a 6" lift on a ea81 wagon? looking for something I can just bolt right in and have the length and everything be right with no fabrication, that and I want to go with some decent shocks.

thanks

Trevor

good luck, cause all of us have 6 inch lifts.

take a measurement with your sube sittting on the ground naturally from the center of the top mouint to the center of the bottom mount.

that is your resting measurement(they call it something else,damn my memory)

now take that measurement and add however many inches up and however many inches down.so, you have 20 inches at rest right?if you want 10 inches of travel you need a shock that :compressed length=15,extended length=25

http://www.gorancho.com/products/appguides/2005/2005_specifications.pdfthis is how i learned.........it takes some reading,but you will know your ************ after you do it.and the search function won't matter.there are always other options.ohhh, and just so you know,i'm really not trying to sound like an *&^hole.....

Yeah the FJ60 Landcruiser shocks stretch pretty long and will probably work. But you'll need to swap over your old top mounting bar. Lube it up and cram it through the rubber bushing.

I think Chevy Chevelle shocks will also probably work with 6" of lift. The top mounts for Chevelle shocks are almost a direct bolt up...you need to slot the bolt holes since the Subaru holes are spaced a bit wider.

You can also check the length and style of mounts the Gabrial or Monroe websites.

The top mounts for Chevelle shocks are almost a direct bolt up...you need to slot the bolt holes since the Subaru holes are spaced a bit wider.

I got a pair of these shocks, I decided against slotting the bolt holes as it made them look at bit flimsy. Instead I'm going to press out the flat rod up the top and use an adaptor that goes through the bush instead. They're long enough for 4" ... at full stretch I reckon they'd do 6".