Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subaru Owner and Concerned

Here's the deal. The check valve on the fuel pump may be a tiny bit leaky. It won't hold full fuel pressure for ten or more hours. It takes two seconds for the fuel pump to repressurize the fuel delivery sysrem. As long the engine starts easily after the two second wait, I say no big deal. If the check valve is leaking, the small amount of gas (about four ounces) is just draining back into the fuel tank. If it really bothers you, change out the fuel pump. My 99 Forester has always needed two seconds before starting, and the car has 200,000 miles on it, and the original fuel pump. Use the two seconds to meditate and attain an alpha state before you start your morning commute. Or check your cell phone voice messages. If you use the car every day, the extra wait is going to cost you twelve minutes a year, so don't let those seconds slip by.

My 99 Forester always takes at least two seconds, sorta like rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvavoom piston slap. This is why I said before they have to check with Japan to see if its OK to start.

The joke when I was in NYC was if you broke down on the Cross Bronx you only had to fight three guys for your battery. I never saw a NY cop do anything, they must have changed.

A guy used to rent a garage around the corner from my friend's house in Queens. He would drive new Caddys in at night and they would drive out with no front fenders and get parked down the block with a trail of fluids back to the garage.