Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pressure Sources Switching Solenoid Valve Circuit??????

Something very weird happen to me right in front of my house in my 1996 Subaru LSI. I made a right hand turn and then all of a sudden my tachometer and speedometer stopped functioning. Then my abs lights came on, but the car had full power. So I turned the car off and then tried to restart it, nothing wouldnt even crank over as if the starter was dead.

So then I go into my garage and get my OBDII scanner, now no check engine light ever came on but I figured something must be stored in the computer data. So I hook it up and pull this code P1103 which means "Pressure Sources Switching Solenoid Valve Circuit", which means absolutely nothing to me.

Anyone ever get this error code? What is it? Why would this cause my tachometer and speedometer to just fail and then not allow the car to even turn over? Please help me I have a dead car in my driveway and have no clue where to start. Thanks in advance:)

I doubt that this is the cause of your no start condition, but it may have to do with the conditon you had previous to shutting the engine off.

This is simply the ECU is not detecting a signal from the TCM. It is a straight wire connection. So there is either a bad contact on the ECU or TCM, OR broken wire between. The diagram shows it from pin 16 of the ECU to pin 13 of the TCM. It is used to detect engine torque by the TCM to allow a smooth shift or vary the shift point by xx%.

Something very weird happen to me right in front of my house in my 1996 Subaru LSI. I made a right hand turn and then all of a sudden my tachometer and speedometer stopped functioning. Then my abs lights came on, but the car had full power. So I turned the car off and then tried to restart it, nothing wouldnt even crank over as if the starter was dead.

So then I go into my garage and get my OBDII scanner, now no check engine light ever came on but I figured something must be stored in the computer data. So I hook it up and pull this code P1103 which means "Pressure Sources Switching Solenoid Valve Circuit", which means absolutely nothing to me.

Anyone ever get this error code? What is it? Why would this cause my tachometer and speedometer to just fail and then not allow the car to even turn over? Please help me I have a dead car in my driveway and have no clue where to start. Thanks in advance:)

Again people think computers will give them all the answers when they forget the basics.

DO you have 12 volts at the battery. Will the car start with a jump start. Will the car keep running when you remove the jumper cable or die? When the altenator goes bad, all sorts of freaky things can happen on the dash. Check your starting system. The computer could have picked up that code because there wasnt enough juice to make that sensor operate. You may have been on the verge of stalling out due to lack of electrical power.

nipper

Thanks Nipper, I was too tired to mess with it last night but when I get home from work I will start to do a more "traditional" approach at troubleshooting. As a previous post suggested I think that I got that p1103 code after the fact the car stalled. But when the car wouldnt turn over my first gut instinct tells me its the starter, b/c I had all power in the radio and lights but absolutely no response from the car. But it makes no sense if is is the starter why the car would die soo suddenly out of no where.

Again people think computers will give them all the answers when they forget the basics.

DO you have 12 volts at the battery. Will the car start with a jump start. Will the car keep running when you remove the jumper cable or die? When the altenator goes bad, all sorts of freaky things can happen on the dash. Check your starting system. The computer could have picked up that code because there wasnt enough juice to make that sensor operate. You may have been on the verge of stalling out due to lack of electrical power.

nipper

Thanks Nipper, I was too tired to mess with it last night but when I get home from work I will start to do a more "traditional" approach at troubleshooting. As a previous post suggested I think that I got that p1103 code after the fact the car stalled. But when the car wouldnt turn over my first gut instinct tells me its the starter, b/c I had all power in the radio and lights but absolutely no response from the car. But it makes no sense if is is the starter why the car would die soo suddenly out of no where.

They can be wierd, and it doesnt take much power to run the radio, and lights can be deceving. Check the electrical system. if that is good check for spark and fuel. Also check all your cables and motormounts. If the turn is related to it, a cable that was eaten away may have finally given up.

nipper