Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRAT tractor tires

Just off the phone with Les Schwab...they make a ribbed tractor tire in a 13"...the tires are not legal for pavement (he said they will not dissipate heat and will explode at higher speeds)

Has anyone experimented with these tires off road? They make some VERY agressive tires that would go on the front of a 4-WD tractor. He said you'd need a lift kit and/or some fender modification to fit them on a brat.

Just off the phone with Les Schwab...they make a ribbed tractor tire in a 13"...the tires are not legal for pavement (he said they will not dissipate heat and will explode at higher speeds)

Has anyone experimented with these tires off road? They make some VERY agressive tires that would go on the front of a 4-WD tractor. He said you'd need a lift kit and/or some fender modification to fit them on a brat.

It's been done. There's a guy in WA with a couple of XT6's with AG tires. Tears it up at rally-x.

They are good for muddy feilds as they are tall and skinny. Good for sand too. I wouldn't run them on trails as a general off-road tire... for one you would have to trailer your rig everywhere. Swampers do just as well, and are street legal. But hey - go for it and take a video camera - I would like to see it.

It was pretty common here in New Zealand, when the brumby (Brat) was the perfered farmers vehicle. We have a lot of open grass land and it often hilly, that can get wet and boggy.

Fantastic grip, but terrible on harder surfaces, as in bad vibration through the wheels.

I was never able to find a 13" tractor tire.

What equipment uses them?

I never found any industrial or farm equipment that used a 13" wheel.

With no demand, no one is going to make them? Best I could find was 14".

Send us a link on the 13" tractor tires.

:confused: