Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What should I do to my 92 legacy?

Yo, I have a 92 subaru legacy, it has a lot of miles on it, (222222 to be exact) and I was wondering what I should to do get it running good. I wanted to give it a tune up to make it run as good as I can, I am going to do some other stuff. What should I do to satrt with, and what kind of stuff can I do to set it up for a little rally fun. There is always stuff you can do for free to make it run a little better IE stuff I can take off. Also, what can I do to make it sound a little better? Thanks for the tips, Jeff

PS, it's not much to look at but I will get some pics on here as soon as possible.

You're on the right track with a tune up, plugs, wires, air and fuel filter. don't spend the extra money on a K&N they arn't worth it.

There is a snorkus thingy in the passenger fender that is worth a little at the top end, and it makes the car sound better(meaner) when you're on the throtte, but you have to take the fender off to get to it.

For the rally, the motor is quite good already, you should focus your attention on wheels, tires and suspension mods. if its an automatic, i'd switch to a stick shift pronto.

If this is rally only, you can clear out a lot of the interior parts, but could make it hard to convince your significant other to ride in a car with no interior, which will also make it much louder.