Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey people,wassup? I'm wont to put a WRX engine into my 95 Legacy Ls,i've been told thats its a really easy swap except for the wiring harness.Is this true? And how hard would it be to make it a 5-speed from an auto? Also what would be a good price for the combo?

By the way I did a search and could not find anything,so don't tell me to do a search.

Any help would be good.Thanks.

I'd recommend a search. there is a lot of information on swapping to 5 spds and swapping engines in general. I don't think there's been much discussion on putting a WRX engine into a 2nd generation legacy.

Hey people,wassup? I'm wont to put a WRX engine into my 95 Legacy Ls,i've been told thats its a really easy swap except for the wiring harness.Is this true? And how hard would it be to make it a 5-speed from an auto? Also what would be a good price for the combo?

By the way I did a search and could not find anything,so don't tell me to do a search.

Any help would be good.Thanks.

I agree. Search DEEPER. Use terms like EJ20t, EJ20g, 2.0 Turbo, swap, WRX, half-cut. If you change your tranny, keep in mind that you will need the rear differential as well so that your gear ratios match. You will probably need the entire front half of the WRX wiring harness, including the ECU, among many other things.

-Chris

Here's something on the 5 speed swap...

http://www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/swap/swap.html

and

http://www.legacycentral.org/library/transmission/convert.htm

As for the WRX motor, no idea but I would love to see a full story on it if you do it. Nothing like an extra 100 hp to bring an old car back to life.

Thank you for the links and there will be a full story coming as soon as I do it.It kinda sucks what i wont to do,b/c in this case my money is not the problem,its the parts and the know how thats the hard part!

Thanks Richard