Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lifting legacy

Island Roo

Outback struts do work on '90-'94 Legacies. For my '93, I ordered KYB's for a '97 Outback and used standard '93 Legacy springs. That produced about 1.5" of lift. To get more lift you could use Outback springs, but I believe they are stiffer and would result in a harsh ride. Plus there would be more angle on the axles.

Outback struts do work on '90-'94 Legacies. For my '93, I ordered KYB's for a '97 Outback and used standard '93 Legacy springs. That produced about 1.5" of lift. To get more lift you could use Outback springs, but I believe they are stiffer and would result in a harsh ride. Plus there would be more angle on the axles.

Stiffer yes, harsh ride no. The angle on the axles won't be so bad you'd worry about it.

Mike, do you have a photo of how your car looks now? I have a 93 legacy wagon too, and it needs struts. I would love an extra 1.5", depending on how it looks. I don't really want the legacy to "look lifted". I'll save that for my 84 GL.