Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well, tonight was the night. I hit 250,000 miles on my way home from work in my '95 Legacy wagon. I bought it with 175,000 miles about 2 1/2 years ago. Best $2300 I every spent. In that time I've spent almost squat on actual repairs. Shifter bushings, a wheel bearing, tranny mounting bolts, that's about it. Otherwise, just maintenance - oil, filters, brakes, some seals and a water pump and pullys (just to be safe) while doing a timing belt, wiper blades . . . Hell, I'm on the same Michelin X-1 tires that came with it.

300,000 coming in 2007!

Adam

Well, tonight was the night. I hit 250,000 miles on my way home from work in my '95 Legacy wagon. I bought it with 175,000 miles about 2 1/2 years ago. Best $2300 I every spent. In that time I've spent almost squat on actual repairs. Shifter bushings, a wheel bearing, tranny mounting bolts, that's about it. Otherwise, just maintenance - oil, filters, brakes, some seals and a water pump and pullys (just to be safe) while doing a timing belt, wiper blades . . . Hell, I'm on the same Michelin X-1 tires that came with it.

300,000 coming in 2007!

Adam

That's freaken awesome. I hope my car makes it that long. I bought it last May for $3138, had 130k on it, now has 149k and I have put $2k into it. its a 98 Forester...but I love it. Looking forward to seeing your car make it to the 300k

That's freaken awesome. I hope my car makes it that long. I bought it last May for $3138, had 130k on it, now has 149k and I have put $2k into it. its a 98 Forester...but I love it. Looking forward to seeing your car make it to the 300k

Mercedes used to send you badges to put on your grill when the car reached 100k, 250k, etc.

Wonder if Sub has ever done anything like that .

Unless they have added it recently, Subaru didn't have a recognition program for high mileage vehicles (some Subaru club might, I just don't know, anyone out there know?). My 1993 Legacy wagon just turned over 236,000 last night.

Mercedes used to send you badges to put on your grill when the car reached 100k, 250k, etc.

Wonder if Sub has ever done anything like that .

Mostly highway miles. My daily commute is about 30 miles each way, and 24 are on the interstate. I also visit the parents about once a month, which is about 200 highway miles away.

Are these all hwy miles? If so, this translates to like ~125000 city miles, that is also impressive.