Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anyone taken a wrx tranny

is the front diff like a standard Nissan one? I know the rear is the R160 or something like that; and I know the front is larger; I just know that there were LSD's available for Z cars, and that they use a larger diff - if their rear diff is the same size as our front; we may be able to adapt it to work

that would be cool if we could adapt a lsd from another vehicle. I email a company call right-loc they make a clicker posi like the detroits and he said

that I would have to get a lot people to want it designed to keep the cost down for manufactoring and the minium number for the order was 70 units.

Its a cool setup all you have to do is replace the spider gears with the right loc setup , there are no shims or special lubs to use.

The rear LSD won't fit, there was a huge post on this about 2 weeks ago that covered this topic. The bolt circle won't fit from the 160, its totally different.

I am WELL AWARE OF THAT - the front diff is much larger than the rear diff and the 5MT front diff is larger than the 6MT front diff - the idea is that as the Subaru and Nissan 160's are basically the same diffs (in fact they are interchangeable) - Nissan also made a 180, and a 200 - LSD's are available for both diffs - the question is if the Nissan 180 or 200 LSD would fit the front diff, or if the LSD case from one could be redrilled to fit the stock Subaru crownwheel