Ultimate Subaru Message Board

so why don't it work??? Update page 4

Buddy

if you have a voltmeter verify that there is something flowing through the speakerlines at the speaker.. if you have a sedan go through the trunk and unplug the speaker and test with the deck on, if it shows no voltage the lines faulty somewhere.. or remove one of the speakers or use an extra and plug its terminals directly to the speaker outs on the deck, hang the deck out your dash to do this.

if you have sound your decks good if you dont it isnt

if there is sound that means your decks good and your speaker wiring is not.. rewiring it would be an excellent idea, the older subaru's use a common ground for the speakers (not the best). running new wire would also improve the sound quality..

hope this helps

rllywgn

:lol: u just confused me even more :-p :o any more thoughts? thanks rllywgn for your imput :) just to let everyone know i have an 85' GL wagon :)

If you have accidentaly touched a speaker wire to a 12v wire then that speaker is done. At least this is what I have ben told.

Not quite true. A speaker can accept low-voltage DC for a little bit - i.e. touching a wire accidentally. I wouldn't do it for an hour, but a second or two won't usually nuke a speaker. I acutally do it on purpose sometimes to check polarity.

wow... i worked at circuit city for 2 years, best buy for 2 years... and installed TONS of stereo's... i'm almost inclined to come out there and just fix it! :)
really? where exactly in the bay area do you live? maybe we can plan a meet at my house and fix that thing. psst...how much would you charge me for that? oh yeah pm me if you wanna do it :)

well i found a way to make my radio work temporaly while i get new speaker wires :banana: . i took out the speaker harness so that every time i start it i pull the connector and plug it back in. that makes it sound and it sounds nice. i cant play it too loud or i'll have to "reset" the speakers. so with that update thanks for all your help guys. i'll keep you posted.