Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, I know from reading this board that a newer WRX CD changer combo should be a "plug and play" replacement for my 1999 Outback Limited. So here's the situation: I bought one of thesee changers ('02) from ebay, and just tried to install it, with no luck. I know my car's wiring is OK, because I just plugged the old stereo back in and it still works. So obviously I might just have gotten a bad head unit, but is there anything else I'm not thinking of here? Anything that I might need to do differently to make this thing work (other than getting my money back)?

Thanks for any and all advice....

If GM did anything with the Subarus like they do with the trucks, the head units now are somehow related to the security system.

Maybe the new unit is looking for a alarm connection that your car doesn't have?:confused:

i put a factory 6 disc cd changer/tape deck/radio in my 99 outback.. it came out of an 04' wrx..

anyways, it plugged right in and worked fine.. it does not mess with the alarm system as its not integrated into the stereo..

i thinks you got a bad head unit is all..