Ultimate Subaru Message Board

timing mark transfer with 5spd conversion......

monstaru

how many of you forgot and how many of you figured out a way to take care of it....?

here is what i did.please tell me if this is viable,cause the damn thing runs like a raped ape now:grin:

obviously i forgot to transfer the timing marks,being the genius that i am:rolleyes:

well i needed to adjust my valves.this is a problem.i just went around the engine in succession to adjust my valves and found tdc on all cylinders.as i found tdc on the vcylinder at hand i adjusted the valves.i also made 0 and 180 degree marks at tdc for #1 and #2.then i timed it.how possible is it that i am pretty damn close?because it sounds different,and has more jack to it's jill.

EA81 right?

The valve adjusment procedure needs to be done when the valves are both closed with no load on the lifter. If you do it at TDC on the compression stroke then it will be correct for both valves of that cylinder. Pretty simple really - if you can move the rocker justs a tiny bit (or a lot if it's really in need of adjustment) then it's unloaded and ready for adjusting.

GD