Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Xt-6 K&N?

Hey, I'm in the market for a good k&n air filter. I popped my current filter off and drove around the block and... my car was like a screaming fast hot rod. Put the filter back on and it's just fast. What to do then? Can't drive around without an air filter... K&N time.

There is a stock fitting filter available for my car, but will that perform as well as I'd like? Is there a cold air intake available that I've not been able to find? I drive an xt6 with the 2.7 h6 aaand I want to make it go as fast as possible. This seems like a solid, cheap boost. Any suggestions?

Kenny

I'd register on XT6.net and post over there...

You can get a brand new K&N drop in panel filter for ~$50. I'd opt for that. People have built cold air intakes for the XT6, but its all custom. Go to jcwhitney, and buy some mandrel bends, and you can build your own easily.

I'd register on XT6.net and post over there...

You can get a brand new K&N drop in panel filter for ~$50. I'd opt for that. People have built cold air intakes for the XT6, but its all custom. Go to jcwhitney, and buy some mandrel bends, and you can build your own easily.

Thanks. I'll go do that.

xt6.net for sure.

kevin has done extensive dyno testing on intakes, review what he's done and the gains he's had. he got best gains on a cone filter, but like mentioned it's all custom. the K&N does help some as well as removing the intake snorkel going through the fender. pull your wheel and wheel liner and you'll see the big plastic snorkel that needs to come out. it's a silencer of sorts, get it out of there.

I popped my current filter off and drove around the block and... my car was like a screaming fast hot rod.
forget the K&N just keep drinking whatever it is you're drinking...this is a 8 or 9 second 0-60 car!

for real though, i have a K&N and they do help a little and sound good as well.