Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T in legacy, has this been done?

I currrenly am driveing an 87 GL-10 Turbo, 3AT, 4WD, sedan. The uner side of the car is not in great shape and I was wondering if my EA82T was ever swaped into a new legacy when ever they started production to 1993.

If so what is involved if someone could be kind enough as to give me a summery of items needed and about how hard it would be if possible. I did a search but I could not find anything.:rolleyes: Thanks.

I've never heard of doing this and there is a good reason why. The EJ22 is a much better engine than an EA82T. If you have found a good legacy chassis with a bad motor, you would be much better off finding a good EJ22 engine than trying to make an EA82T work in a Legacy.

i have this idea with an impreza, swapping in an ea82 and ea82tranny, since ithas 23 spline axles, and the wiring harness fried to the 8j18 after an ej22 was swapped in

i would figure you have to ake a tranny mount, or somehow mate the ej ount to the ea tranny