Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is the cassette deck of a 95 Legacy standard DIN size? I want to replace it with a regular store bought car stereo and with removable face and want to make sure that there are no mods to be made for the installation or surrounding plastic.

I just got bought a Sony cd with front aux and was wondering if someone could help me out on the wiring harness. On the harness that I bought, there are 11 wires and on the Sony harness, there are 13.

The speakers match up colorwise. After that, the matching remaining colors I have are red, yellow, black, blue and blue/black on the Sony. On the harness, I have red, yellow, black, blue and orange.

It's easy that the red, yellow and black will connect to the corresponding color. The blue is power antenna, which I don't have, so I can leave it off, but what is the orange? There is nothing to connect it to?

Thanx,

Pete

Orange is illumination, in theory it's supposed to dim the lighting on the stereo when you turn the headlights on. I've never connected it before installing the CD player in my '94 Legacy... and surprise, in this case it does absolutely nothing.

If you can't find where it goes, just leave it off. The stereo will still work fine.