Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help with running rough/not at all

Quick forward:

October 05 My wife drove my outback through a puddle. a waist deep puddle. Then hit a underwater curb which stopped the car blew the tire I put in 28 hours earlier and stalled the car. She opened the door and got out flooding the interior. :slobber: Two guy in a box truck came along and pushed her out.

AAA came to the rescue and made matters worse by burning up the starter. They did that after finding out the the spare was flat and it could not be drive even if he go it started.

She got it home god bless her she took the seats out and the carpet out and dried them in the house and dried out the interior!:headbang:

So I took it to a shop that told me a cylinder lost compression. Either a cracked head or a cracked block. However no exhange of fluids at all.

Fuel was a problem though. It leaked out everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE. I jacked up the car a little to replace the starter, and fuel poured out of the AIRBOX. it poured out of the exhaust when we pulled the motor it was in the coolent! and in the oil!

New heads new block and it runs like it has no vacumn. If you touch the gas it dies. All vacumn lines are tight. One code for p0206. We replaced the injectors and the wiring harness and the ECM. Below is a list of work we have done and still it won't run right. Any suggestions? I have lost my mind.

Before engine replacement:

New wheels and tires

New starter

New Catalytic converter

New Front Brakes and rotors

After:

Block

Heads

Intake

Injectors

Wiring harness

Fuel pressure regulator

Igniter

Distributor

Spark plugs

Wires

ECM (computer)

All gaskets

Yup on tight and the small one and the one up by the block. Then pulled it all back off and reconnected everything (a number of times). We replaced the wiring harness, and there was a noticeable improvement at idle but still if you touch the gas it dies.

Fuel/oil drier... / cureall.

What he said ;)

Pretty much, you dump a can into your PCV valve... let the engine cool completely, start it back up, and it'll clean out your vacuum system, and lots of white smoke will pour out your exhaust pipe, but if there's a leak somewhere you'll either get the liquidy stuff coming out the leak, or smoke in other areas.. where it shouldn't be :brow:

either way, i think the car will thank you for it. :D