Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well after mounting my radio to the center console in front of the shifter, putting 2 screw holes in the plastic i came across this.

www.siriusbackstage.com

and

www.tss-radio.com .......which is where you can find specific car make mounts for your radio. I'm about to order the one for my 96obw and just not pay attention to the 2 holes in my plastic.

SU-52-96-1_2.jpg

• 4 months later...
Well after mounting my radio to the center console in front of the shifter, putting 2 screw holes in the plastic i came across this.

www.siriusbackstage.com

and

www.tss-radio.com .......which is where you can find specific car make mounts for your radio. I'm about to order the one for my 96obw and just not pay attention to the 2 holes in my plastic.

I have a similar metal bracket mount for my Ford Superduty for my Starmate Replay. I like it for two primary reasons, if I remove it there are no holes, and secondly it's very rigid and stable meaning no wobbling and no second hand needed just to push a button. Yes it is $35 for $.75 worth of metal, but think of it as buying someones engineering and design expertise! I would avoid the cigarette lighter mount like the plague.

Go to your favorite hardware store and get $.75 cents worth of metel and pay about $.75 cents for it. Bend it a bit and paint it black if you'd like and you're set. I had my sirius attached using this method in the pic bellow...switched to XM a while back and just need to drill a couple more holes. Been working great for 2 years.

showphoto.php?photo=10219&cat=500&ppuser=3750

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=10219&cat=500&ppuser=3750