Ultimate Subaru Message Board

:headbang: Hey all- I want to install an all weather 12V outlet in the bed of my '06 Baja. I was thinking of installing it on the right side towards the back of bed, and wanted it to be flush mounted, not just screwed down. Any idea of clearance between the plastic bed liner and body of truck? I think having a power outlet back there would come in really handy for camping and tailgaiting. I found an all weather unit at Bi Mart for $10, but it looks to be designed to screw down to a flat surface, and could get damaged loading and unloading the pickup bed. I want a clean factory type look. Any idea's or advise would be appreciated!

Spacinjason

'06 Baja Turbo MT:burnout:

:headbang: Hey all- I want to install an all weather 12V outlet in the bed of my '06 Baja. I was thinking of installing it on the right side towards the back of bed, and wanted it to be flush mounted, not just screwed down. Any idea of clearance between the plastic bed liner and body of truck? I think having a power outlet back there would come in really handy for camping and tailgaiting. I found an all weather unit at Bi Mart for $10, but it looks to be designed to screw down to a flat surface, and could get damaged loading and unloading the pickup bed. I want a clean factory type look. Any idea's or advise would be appreciated!

Spacinjason

'06 Baja Turbo MT:burnout:

Any possibility of mounting it behind the bed liner and fashioning/installing a flush compartment cover for it?

Ive had the bedliner "sides" off of my baja....and there is a LOT of room in places (5 inches maybe!)

I would say that you should have no problems if you were to put the outlet into say, one of those recessed "pocket" areas on the sides. That way youre semi-protected from damaging the outlet too!

BTW ...great idea! I may just hafta do this to mine as well:banana:

post some pics if you get 'er done!:grin: