Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I have been toying with the idea of getting another subaru, :clap: after selling all of mine of corse.:( I have been looking mainly at gl wagons and I know those things are tough as nails and can take a lot of beating and run for many many miles. Well over 200k. But what about the Legacys, I am thinking early 90s 5 speed awd wagon. If taken care of how many miles can one expect to pull out of them? I know every one has there personal preference and I have always been a fan of the older wagons but just am wanting to get some input from people.

Thanks

legacies can last forever. lots of people on here claim that the EJ22 is the most reliable engine subaru has made. lots of legacies on here that were bought with 200k on them, and with some wrenching, they run like brand new. even a few 300k stories....

is the one you're considering gonna be one of these stories?

they day my impreza rolls over 300k, i'm going to frame & mount it... the whole car... on a wall.... ;)

EJ22's will do you right, they'll run with just about anything wrong with them! bad parts? eh.. who cares! keep going! :D

is the one you're considering gonna be one of these stories?

I haven't found the one yet for any stories. I am doing a lot of searching and research on every thing. I had a 88 GL wagon with 160k never had any problems with, a 91 legacy sedan and a 87 GL turbo wagon. Out of all of them the turbo wagon gave me the most problem. My legacy only had 109k miles on it, so I didn't have any high mileage stories. I guess what I was looking for from people is if the cars had any inharent problems when they get higher miles other then the normal stuff. And what it sounds like is a big no. Now on the search for either a GL wagon or a legacy wagon.:clap:

Thanks for the in put.