Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, I looked at a 2000 legacy, manual trans with 18000 miles. It was a previously wrecked, dealer repaired car, now in good mechanical condition.

Presumably the car sat in its wrecked state for +or - 2 years prior to the repair. Should I be worried about early head gasket failure, or other seals throughout the car?

Thanks

I believe the internal head gasket issues were solved by 2000. I think this car would have been involved in the recall concerning external head gasket leakage, which involved the dealer putting a "conditioner"(which looks very similar to radiator stop leak) in the radiator every time the coolant was changed if the dealer did this the warranty on the HG’s was extended to 100,000 miles and 8? Years. There are quite a few things I'd be more worried about in a car that was badly wrecked and/or sat for a long period of time. I would definitely want to get under the car and look over it very carefully. Good luck.