Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alright. I own a 1995 subaru impreza. It has the 2.2L ej22 and currently an auto trans(hopefully not for much longer).

I bought the car with 96k miles on it. It now has 111k. I need to start collecting parts for the 120k service. I have changed the oil every 2000 miles and plugs every 6k. I changed both the front and rear diff fluid about 1k miles ago and the fuel filter about 4k miles ago along with new plug wires and an air fliter. I haven't changed the tranny fluid yet because its still looking good but i dont know when the previous owner did it(need to get it flushed because i have the dreaded duty c solonoid problem, but, i may be swapping in a manual tranny like next week).

Anyways, the car has some oilly spots underneath (all over really, no specific area, probably from when i washed the engine down with some engine degreaser and it all collected underneath.) Besides that, the engine doesn't burn oil, studder, stumple, run warm, nothing.

I know at 120k i need to do the timing belt and water pump. But is there anything else major? My brakes will get done probably next oil change pending on how much meat if left from the last change. What seals should i do at 120k. Crank?Cam? i seemed to have misplaced my owners manual so not sure what else need sto be done. And being a college student with a part time job, i need alittle head start to start buying parts for job. I plan on doing all the work myself and am fairly competent mechanically.

Thanks.

Do the front cam & crank seals, as well as the rear cam o-ring on the pass. side. Also replace the o-ring between the block & oil pump. While the pump is out, check the screws on the backing plate. Reseal the oil pump with permatex ultra grey.

If you do the trans swap, make sure to replace the rear main seal.....don't push it in too far, or it will leak.