Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Naches Pass and surrounding area

probably first weekend in aug (a thursday night through monday sorta thing)

a few co-worker some of his Isuzu buddies (and yoto), and me are planning a trip through naches pass, and other pointless playing around in the area..

i will post a link to his Isuzu board when i get the address, as this is mostly being orginized there (i left the logistics up to my co-worker, as he used to be my supervisor... so it's his problem)

Anyone want to go travel a wagon trail... (we need a wagon on this trip!):headbang:

I'm in. hopefully by then I'll have at least rebuilt my engine and tranny, even if I dont have my married tcase/tranny setup finished yet(shhhhh... its a secret :brow: ). so cross your fingers for my wagon, if my wagon cant make it my nissan 720 will, which is stock but is armored and will have good tires.

• 4 weeks later...

it's getting close(and we're starting to lay down plans), for anyone that might be showing up where do you want us to meet you, phone numbers/cb channel you want us to pay attention to...(we should be doing 4 & 7, if you're curious why check out the link above)

come on, lets show these trucks what a few cars can do!

• 2 weeks later...
if your serious the club can have you ready by then, isnt shcool going to be out , with all us working on it you can make it, use those tires you brought by and this week we will build the lift parts

We lifted a brat and had it back on its wheels in 4 hours once. (pre-made kit)

It's like a subaru support group! :brow: I'll see if maybe I can get those tires from the other guy this weekend, and we'll see how that goes. Thanks Scott!

Dylan

PS. Are you thinking of going??

ohhh.. geez now i HAVE TO NO MATTER WHAT make it out wednesday...

any other days let me know!

hey id realy like to go i just got a new 86 soob wagon and i put new front struts in it i got a cb and pretty good off road tires nothin specail tho would i need a lift kit i have been planin to get one or make one but dont have the money but id really like to take my new wagon on her maden voyage :slobber: can any one help?

I think the naches trail has got to be one of my favorite trails. I have done it several times in various vehicles, and each time is better than the last. I have never done the lower section of it, as the ruts were too deep, but the upper section was a blast, taking 3 or 4 hours to complete depending on beer, and picture breaks. This trail would be *perfect* for a lifted soob. I am looking forward to it. :headbang:

hey id realy like to go i just got a new 86 soob wagon and i put new front struts in it i got a cb and pretty good off road tires nothin specail tho would i need a lift kit i have been planin to get one or make one but dont have the money but id really like to take my new wagon on her maden voyage can any one help?

most of us will be patient people (and lots of big trucks to pull you/me out of stuff), also i saw on some site abunch of people in xterras did the trail... not sure what that means, but i'd give it a go unlifted (and see what happens)

if i'm wrong with this assumption, someone please correct me (i've never been there)

do a google search for ... nevermind, I did it for you

http://www.xterra4x4.com/Trips/Nachos2002/index.html

most of us will be patient people (and lots of big trucks to pull you/me out of stuff), also i saw on some site abunch of people in xterras did the trail... not sure what that means, but i'd give it a go unlifted (and see what happens)

if i'm wrong with this assumption, someone please correct me (i've never been there)

do a google search for ... nevermind, I did it for you

I was just told that was bad advice...

Looks like my plans have changed! Going to try and make the run with you!

yay! we might be looking at quite the good soob showing:banana:

(i've been packing for a week and a half, tincy bit excited.... then again we have been planning this for almost 6 months)

yay! we might be looking at quite the good soob showing:banana:

(i've been packing for a week and a half, tincy bit excited.... then again we have been planning this for almost 6 months)

arghhh.. i've ran into trouble, I've been having trouble getting my rig together, i'm just now gonna be pulling the engine tonight... and I dont have a new one to put in yet... worst comes to worse I can scavange any good bearings off this other bad engine I have and try to make the best of what clutch I have left :-\ I've read alot about naches pass and I really want to go but bleh

arghhh.. i've ran into trouble, I've been having trouble getting my rig together, i'm just now gonna be pulling the engine tonight... and I dont have a new one to put in yet... worst comes to worse I can scavange any good bearings off this other bad engine I have and try to make the best of what clutch I have left :-\ I've read alot about naches pass and I really want to go but bleh

if you were closer dude, i'd be helpin... good luck on your repairs. if it takes a few days, you can always meet up with us on the other side of the mountains for random wheeling stupidity.

sorry i can't lend a hand, just way too far away.