Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New 2006 XT Owner (happy, happy)

This is a great car. We traded in our 98 328 si Beamer last month (sucks in the snow) and 2002 Mitsu MS (redundant with the wife's 4runner) on a 2006 XT OBW Limited.

We chose the turbo because we live at 6600' and often drive over 10000' passes..it feels great to be in the "fast lane" Eastbound Vail Pass (10330')"..this car will pass everything in site. doesn't handle as well as the Beamer (few do) and is a little soft suspension wise, but other than that a great vehicle..7000 happy miles so far (it had 5k when we bought it)

I think we might have the ultimate Colorado "quiver"..A 4 Runner for offroading and the XT for highway cruising at altitude and getting to the ski hill in winter (averaging 25 mpg so far)

Have not run premium gas exclusively (91 Octane here)..but after reading some of the threads I think this is a wise choice and will start.

just wanted to convey my enthusiasm for Subarus and for all of the great info on this forum..thanks

ps I have a 96 OBW 2.2 "company car"bought with 124K and now up to 152K in less than a year with no real probs except for a new altenator and heat prob that fixed itself

:D

I lived in Denver for some years and have driven Vail pass with a number of vehicles. Now travel between St George and Denver yearly or so in a 2005 Forester XT. I agree with you that no other car I've owned goes over the pass anything like the subie. This includes an 02 Nissan Max with 250hp. We have only made one trip, but passed everything in sight in 4th with an auto.

This is a great car. We traded in our 98 328 si Beamer last month (sucks in the snow) and 2002 Mitsu MS (redundant with the wife's 4runner) on a 2006 XT OBW Limited.

We chose the turbo because we live at 6600' and often drive over 10000' passes..it feels great to be in the "fast lane" Eastbound Vail Pass (10330')"..this car will pass everything in site. doesn't handle as well as the Beamer (few do) and is a little soft suspension wise, but other than that a great vehicle..7000 happy miles so far (it had 5k when we bought it)

I think we might have the ultimate Colorado "quiver"..A 4 Runner for offroading and the XT for highway cruising at altitude and getting to the ski hill in winter (averaging 25 mpg so far)

Have not run premium gas exclusively (91 Octane here)..but after reading some of the threads I think this is a wise choice and will start.

just wanted to convey my enthusiasm for Subarus and for all of the great info on this forum..thanks

ps I have a 96 OBW 2.2 "company car"bought with 124K and now up to 152K in less than a year with no real probs except for a new altenator and heat prob that fixed itself

:D

you know outbacks are jelouse beasts. You may wake up one morning with 4 flats on the 4 runner when you want to go off road, and swear there is a gleam in one of the outbacks headlights and the grill is snearing...

They like to get muddy too:brow:

nipper