Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Splash Guard Fasteners - 2000 Forester.

My local friendly (and incompetent) oil change place has busted so many splash guard fasteners, I have lost count. Well.. ok.. they busted 6 or so over the past year.

Well... I am in need for replacements. And I won't go back there to get more broken.

Where can I get these fasteners?

-Gary

Your profile doesn't mention year or make. You have to remove the whole bloody guard to do an oil change on my 99 forester but it's mainly held on by bolts. There are two side connections which seem optional... I use to wire-tie these points and after a while didn't bother since it seemed to stay without them. The '02 outback has a little access port for oil changes which makes life easier - If memory serves there are a couple of plastic fasteners here but I thought they were captive? Anyway, have you tried Autozone/Pep-boys ?

My local friendly (and incompetent) oil change place has busted so many splash guard fasteners, I have lost count. Well.. ok.. they busted 6 or so over the past year.

Well... I am in need for replacements. And I won't go back there to get more broken.

Where can I get these fasteners?

-Gary

One other thought. I took the pointless splash guard off my 99 Forester. Did the world end? Did my car disintergrate? No, there was no discernable difference, at all. I only wish that I had removed the senseless piece of plastic that first day that I bought the car.

At least my 2006 Forester has cute little doors in the splash guard to facillitate oil and filter changes. But the first problem I have with the splash guard on the '06, OFF IT COMES. Hey, it's car, it's supposed to get dirty.