Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone ever install a trailer hitch on a 91 legacy?

there are some slugs in the frame rail that you have to drill out, then there are these goofy nuts with a strip of metal attached to them so you can thread them throught the frame rail, so the bolt for the hitch has something to go into. whew.

hope that makes sense, but it sounds like you do not have the special bolts. oh, its a big PITA to install.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58424

Check this thread. I posted my experience there. I lowered regular bolts with large washers down throught the holes I drilled in the "frames".

Half wrap wire around bolt under washer so the wire holds the washer from falling off. When the bolt comes out of the hole, grab it and hold it while you pull the wire out. I did have to tighten one with an impact wrench to keep the bolt from turning. Could tack it if you have access to a welder.

there are some slugs in the frame rail that you have to drill out, then there are these goofy nuts with a strip of metal attached to them so you can thread them throught the frame rail, so the bolt for the hitch has something to go into. whew.

hope that makes sense, but it sounds like you do not have the special bolts. oh, its a big PITA to install.

That is absolutely what I needed to know. Thank you so much. I have the special bolt things. I just wasn't sure what to do with them.

subyboard.jpg