Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NEED! new clutch, this a good one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Exedy-Clutch-Kit-for-1985-94-1-8L-Subaru-Loyale-4WD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33730QQihZ019QQitemZ7977090748QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Is that a good deal? I'm new to the whole clutch thing, but I hear Exedy is like the best clutch manufacturer. Will I need anything else when I'm replacing the clutch? My car is a 93 Loyale, 5 Spd. Pushbutton 4WD.

Thanks,

Tyler

Don't like that style as it bit me rather hard in the Mud. I went through some stirred up gunk about halfway up my doors in the beast - following another lifted beast. I made the mistake of feathering my clutch a little, and it failed on me. Turns out that lip of metal covering the fingers filled with silt when I pushed in the clutch, and then when I released it.... well it didn't. So I got to AAA it to the garage and pull the silly clutch out. Tossed that one in the round file and went with the stock style that has open PP fingers. Not really an issue I guess for street, but I don't like it all the same. Subaru had their ducks lined up when they built these things, and I'm wary of aftermarket parts that differ in design.

Reman is cheaper at Napa too - had good luck with them before. I tend to use junk yard clutch parts now - cheap like a $20 hooker.

GD