Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have Goodyear Regatta II tires on my Forester. I have had a lot of problems keeping these tires balanced and inflated. Also, I have had a problem with radial pull. The inflation problem is a result of bad rim seals.

These tires now have 50,000 miles. Anyone have regatta II tires????? Have you had many problems????

Been there... Done That... Never again!!!

Had so many problems with those tires after only about 6 months. Talked to the Good Year store where I bought them and as you would expect, my car was the problem.

Currently have Michelin Harmony (replaced the Michelin X-One). WOW. Day and night. About 1 1/2 years now and still excellent.

Used to have Regatta IIs on my old Saturn. They were prone to leaking air, likely due to a bad seal as well. Radial pull.....pardon my ignorance, but can that exhibit itself as a drift to either the right or the left? A quick Google search seems to say yes. I always noticed that the Saturn wanted to go off to the right on flat stretches of road.

Used to have Regatta IIs on my old Saturn. They were prone to leaking air, likely due to a bad seal as well. Radial pull.....pardon my ignorance, but can that exhibit itself as a drift to either the right or the left? A quick Google search seems to say yes. I always noticed that the Saturn wanted to go off to the right on flat stretches of road.

Yes, a vehicle that doesn't have brake problems, bad bearings , or bad alignment is pulling because of the tires. Radial pull can occur when one of the belts inside the tire slips.

Been there... Done That... Never again!!!

Had so many problems with those tires after only about 6 months. Talked to the Good Year store where I bought them and as you would expect, my car was the problem.

Currently have Michelin Harmony (replaced the Michelin X-One). WOW. Day and night. About 1 1/2 years now and still excellent.

My '97 has Michelin Hydroedge with 63,000 miles on them and 7/32nd tread remaining.

Interesting thread as the dealer (who sold both) recommended the Hedge over the TripleTred, saying they'd had problems with concentricity and keeping them in balance....

My tires are so noisy that I thought I had bad wheel bearings.

Funny you should say that -- when i first noticed the roar from these tires (about 30K miles ago), I actually had to pull out the jack at a rest stop on the highway to make sure it wasn't a bad wheel bearing. Early Foresters had issues with the the rear wheel bearings, which already had me paranoid and uneasy. 30K miles later, I realize that the tapered bearings installed the second time around (yes -- two rear wheel bearing jobs at the dealer in 59K miles) should be okay for some time.

Then I thought perhaps the wheels were out of balance and wasted another $50 to have all four done and even more money on an alignment because of radial pull -- never again with these troublemakers.