Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just bought a 90 leg L awd wagon 5spd with 180,000 miles on it. When it's idling and you push the gas in quickly it bogs down and cuts out a bit. The only code I got from the cel was right when I got the car and it was the knock sensor. Further investigation found it to be unplugged. Plugged it back in and now the light is off and no more codes.

But the engine is still bogging down. It seems to run ok when you drive it but when it's sitting there and you push the pedal in, it's chugs and sputters but smoothes out as it hits higher rpm.

Also, when you start it up for the first time, if you don't give it gas it'll die. What is the cause of this?

I checked the spark plugs and they look good and the gaps are all correct. Fluid levels are all good, air filter is pretty clean. Inside the airbox the Maf looks very clean.

I need to sell this car now, my intent was to buy it and turn around and sell it for twice as much. But every little thing brings my selling price down more and with a little help I think I can fix this.