Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oops, sorry, now I found it. It's in the owner's manual under "flat tire". Not under tires, wheels, maintenance, or specifications, where an engineer would look. Here it is for anybody else who follows the thread in hopes of an answer.

"58 - 72 ft lb which is 88-110 lbs pressure" on their short lug wrench.

The 19mm lug is nigh identical to a 3/4" socket.

Oops, sorry, now I found it. It's in the owner's manual under "flat tire". Not under tires, wheels, maintenance, or specifications, where an engineer would look. Here it is for anybody else who follows the thread in hopes of an answer.

"58 - 72 ft lb which is 88-110 lbs pressure" on their short lug wrench.

The 19mm lug is nigh identical to a 3/4" socket.

I usually use 80 ft lb just to be safe.

[...]"58 - 72 ft lb which is 88-110 lbs pressure" on their short lug wrench.[...]

That's the way it's stated in the owner's manual, but it's misleading. Tightening to 58 ft-lb is kind of low, and the nuts could back off further while driving. The spec is better stated as "65 ft-lbs +-10%"; in other words, aim for at least 65, but not exceeding the max. I find if torqued initially to 70 ft-lbs, upon later checking the lug nuts rarely need additional tightening. They should probably be rechecked after driving a bit under any circumstance.