Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'[m not sure exactly what to call it,but i had to replace my outback's left front fender with donior from a legacy l of the same color.

This would be fine except it's missing the grey vinyl decal or whatever it is that runs along the body of the car,my question is where can I find the grey decals at so I can make this fender match up with th rest of the car?

call a body shop, the plastic decal/trim comes as a set for the whole car. couple a years ago i saw a set on ebay, missing one piece. they bought the set, used what they needed and sold the rest. the dealer can certainly order it for you.

is the fender the right color? even after the decal/trim goes on yuo'll have to add paint to fill in the gray.

Do you mean the grey sort of "plastic" trim that runs along the bottom of the doors and fenders? If so, you're probably going to need a specifically Outback fender. The L fenders probably won't fit that trim piece.

96's don't have plastic trim. It's a decal. You should be able to get it from a Subaru dealer. There are probably not many other sources.

Hmm,another question would be; How easy would it be to remove the rest of the decals?,and could it be done without messing up the paint?

I wouldn't mind just pulling the decals off,the fender is the exact same color as the rest of the car otherwise and I'm in the process of making my outback stand out a bit from the 1000 or so others driving around my town.

I bought one last year and people must have seen me having fun in it,now they're everywhere.

i don't know how hard it is to remove, but you will still have a 2 tone paint job every where except the new fender. the decal is inbetween the paint up top and gray down below.

go to macco and have them paint the fender to match w/ decal/trim. how much could it cost. they do the whole car for 400$.

Hmm,another question would be; How easy would it be to remove the rest of the decals?,and could it be done without messing up the paint?

I wouldn't mind just pulling the decals off,the fender is the exact same color as the rest of the car otherwise and I'm in the process of making my outback stand out a bit from the 1000 or so others driving around my town.

I bought one last year and people must have seen me having fun in it,now they're everywhere.