Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Home from WCSS, on our own power too!

Sorry it's so long, but in 3100 miles, alot happens!

Many thanks go to Zap, Ken, Corky, and all that helped put on the show! It was great! :clap::clap::clap: WELL worth the trip from Southeast Arizona, car turned over 200K on the way back, too.:headbang:

Car ran good, lost a power steering seal when we rolled into Reno where we met up with Subieman and his wife and NV Neno. Great guys and gal, btw. Kepted an eye on the fluid level the rest of the trip, but it stopped leaking after the mud pit, I wonder why?:brow: No other drivablility issues the rest of the trip up there. We caravaned up with them from Reno to a campsite just over the columbia river on the Washington side where we met up with TheSubaruJunkie, Jibs and his cousin (sorry, I forget your name). First time in a tent since I was about 12, lotsa fun!

Had a blast at the show, the mud pit was great; however, I didn't get a chance to romp in it, it was still great watching all the roos romping away in the slop. Had my first try at Rallycross, I'm hooked! Incentive to get my roo running again. :brow:

After lunch, we pulled the rear wheels off and cleaned out the mud on the backside of the wheels to get rid of the shakeoromma at about 55. After we got back on the road, we develuped another vibration; turned out I forgot to tell my brother that I loosened the front lug nuts so he could clean the wheels, but he never got to those. Oops...:eek: Tightened them up, and put 3 on each side, an away we went. Thankfully, we didn't loose a wheel.

As we continued back home, we had an electrical issue pop up in the middle of the Nevada desert in the middle of the night; the volt meter began climbing and evetuallty pegged out while the aftermarket guage began dropping below 10 volts. Turns out the fuseable link for the charging system is going, I wiggled it abit, and that cleared it up for the rest of the trip.

We took a detuor and checked out the Grand Canyon, all I can say is WOW. Pictures don't even come close to seeing it in person. We took I-17 south all the way to I-10 in Phoenix (don't go north on I-17, it's all uphill) then down through Tucson and then south to home, sweet home, in Sierra Vista, AZ at about 2:30 this morning.

Lesson lerned from last year: hit the deserts during the evening and midnight hours: it's a whole lot cooler then.;)

Will we be there next year? You bet!:burnout: