Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need part # for duty c solenoid

According to '95 FSM, the procedure involves selecting a correct thickness for the gasket under the solenoid, which affects calibration. There are several sizes with different part numbers. Also, there were TSBs with updates about this repair.

Hey, I just got done using some of your FSM scans from a thread from 2 years ago. I don't know if you remember, but you were helping a guy with a 96 Outback. Your scans helped me diagnose the trans problem by showing a code 24(duty C solenoid). I know it's a royal pain, but is there anyway you could provide scans for the duty C solenoid and clutch pack replacement. If that's too much, just the duty C replacement would be great. I don't have a lot of money to pay someone and I'm hopefully capable of replacing it with a little instruction. Thanks either way.

According to '95 FSM, the procedure involves selecting a correct thickness for the gasket under the solenoid, which affects calibration. There are several sizes with different part numbers. Also, there were TSBs with updates about this repair.

PM'd you. Anything you can find on the calibration would be great. I don't want to get the new part in there and screw it up. Thanks again.

I can send you the AT section from FSM (PM me) or maybe someone wants to host it: my attachments are at the size limit. Can't find the calibration part as yet but I'll keep looking.