Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Water pump and oil seperator q's

I got mine online from a Subaru dealer for $71 plus shipping. I don't know which ones you were look at on ebay, like this one looks similar to the one I got from online Subaru dealer.

This pic shows my new pump on the left and old pump on the right which will at least show what a recent OE pump looks like. There used to be cast impellers now apparantley Subaru has switched to all stamped impellers. The main difference I notice is the one on eBay has less fins on the impeller, it might not be the high velocity version.

waterpump00OBW1.jpg

edit: Oh the other difference I notice with the eBay one is that the pulley is a shiny metal wheras on the ones I bought it was black.

edit2: Oh the one on eBay doesn't seem to have the rubber strip in the little groove either.

Yea, I'll prolly just order tom. from jamie along with a bunch of other ****.

Better to be on the safe side.

No one on the oil seperator tho??? Neither Jamie or 1st has a listing for the oil seperator plate? any one have a part #? Guess i'll search for part #, although I dont recall seeing it before.

Does anyone know who makes the oem waterpump/ or what is a good water pump for a replacement??

Anyone know for certain what years had the plastic oil seperators instead of the metal ones.

I had the plastic one in mine. It could be called the rear main seal retainer. Anyway, the metal one I received was 11831AA150.

jim