Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 97 Legacy L with no fog lights. The Inst panel has two blanks left of the steering column, which match the rear defog and cruise switches on the right side.

I'd like to put a switch for aftermarket fog lights in place of one of those blanks. Question: Are these actually removable blanks, and how do I remove them without buggering up the dash?

Yep, you can just pop those blanks out with small flathead screwdriver and some careful work. Some might have a wiring harness behind the blank but you can just move it out of the way. I put a couple switches in my blanks on '96 legacy; pretty easy. I can't remember for sure but I think I might have pushed the blanks out from behind.

I have a 97 Legacy L with no fog lights. The Inst panel has two blanks left of the steering column, which match the rear defog and cruise switches on the right side.

I'd like to put a switch for aftermarket fog lights in place of one of those blanks. Question: Are these actually removable blanks, and how do I remove them without buggering up the dash?

i should have a couple of spare switches if you need them, 1 cruise and 1 rear defrost. the cruise ilumination light is iffy, i don't know about the other, but both switches work.

let me know.

Next time you are at a thrift store look for a non serrated butter knife. I have a couple and they are much better at not scratching plastic trim than a screwdriver. I think I paid about 50 cents apiece for them. Wife kind of frowned about my using the ones from the kitchen.