Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, I have a few ideas about a swap for my 96 Brighton. I was thinking of some KYB's for an Outback, springs for the same, camber bolts, and 225/60/r16's. Later, I plan to get some better swaybars (possibly Outback as well?), brakes, and then wait till the engine blows (swap that then since I'll have an excuse for the wife).

I need to know what parts (years, #'s, ect) to use. I have no idea what inter changes on Legacies and Outbacks, though I know they are basicly the same car. I would rather not mess with body spacers if I can avoid it. Any help out there?

Hi, I'm planning to do the outback struts&springs thing on my '96 brighton too; from what I can tell, just order the springs and KYB's for a '96 outback. The strut mount part #'s are the same for both. Could probably just get some of those quick camber bolts from Summit. On parts I'm not sure if they're the same between vehicles I try to find them and compare on subarupartsforyou.com as that's one of the few Subaru dealer sites that actually tells you the part #.

I'm not as sure about the sway bars; I'd guess the outback probably would fit as long as the bushings are corret size; there are some aftermarket ones available like from subysolutions.

OEM is what I am looking for. I'd prefer to get a decent used set ($), but I guess new will have to do since no one is changing theirs out. I had hoped to do it on the cheap. It is a work car after all. The only real upgrade I had planned was KYB's and maybe the swaybars (if I couldn't get a factory set off an OB). Everthing else I hope to make use of OEM parts that my poor Brighton was not given.