Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness

I have a new 2006 Outback Wagon and have installed a trailer hitch. Problem is I am having a hard time locating the wiring harness for the rear lights to plug in the new trailer wiring harness. Both Subaru North America and my dealer haven't been any help. Can anyone tell me where to access the wiring harness for this application? Many thanks!

Welcome to the board!

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56518&highlight=outback+trailer+lights

Try here first.

This search feature is great.

Good luck,

Glenn

Thanks so much! I'll look again, but haven't been able to feel up inside the rear panel to locate it. It may take a bit more effort!

Eric

I wanted to give a quick update on my wiring harness/trailer hitch installation. I located the wiring harness- it's in the rear quarter panel on the driver's side just next to the 12v power outlet. I had to fish a little bit to pull it out, but it wasn't too bad. Installing the Curtis trailer hitch by myself is a whole different story. Probably the most difficult and physically demanding car repair job I have ever done- even worse than completely tearing apart and rebuilding my '79 Triumph Spitfire!

• 1 year later...
Installing the Curtis trailer hitch by myself is a whole different story. Probably the most difficult and physically demanding car repair job I have ever done- even worse than completely tearing apart and rebuilding my '79 Triumph Spitfire!

I have to agree with that... Did one this spring on my 96 Imp OBW. The wiring was the easiest part... 1 of those "universal" modules. Hardest part was running 12 volt line from the battery to the back of the car...

Still better than paying the local trailer hitch dealer $79 to install the $150 hitch and wiring.