Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is this as straightforward of a swap as it should be? Searched and didn't find much; we're thinking of dropping an early EJ22T from a Legacy SS into my '95 OBW just for the novelty of it (it is Trashwagon 8 after all). I'm told that as far as the ECU goes you just have to ground a pin and it thinks it's a turbo - this true?

Wiring would be doable, but you still have the age old problem of swapping a turbo engine into a car that didn't have one origionaly.

Exhaust would have to be custom, wiring modified, and a lot of effort put in. I would do it, but I also have no problem modifying the snots out of my car.

Yes, you could do it. But $$$ and lots of downtime would be involved. Why not run the legacy ss that you're getting the engine from?

wasnt there something different on the engines? Like 2 exhaust manifolds i dont know something 2 instead of 1? or was this after 97 mid?
100% irrelevant. The motor mounts are the same, the exhaust makes no difference. If any thing, he'd have to somehow get his hands on a turbo cross member, but that's it otherwise.