Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82T pcv question...

so i am putting a NA block into my ea82 turbo, and the block has no place for my pcv tube. The one right behind the knock sensor. I have tubes from both valve covers...is there somewhere else i can put it? does it HAVE to be in the block or can i put it in one of the cam towers or someting like that? or can i just leave that one off and use the two valve cover tubes only? I really appreciate all the advice you guys have....

• 2 weeks later...

so is the pcv tube in the actual block just the oil return or what.. how does the whole thing work? air comes out the valve covers and into the intake? or out the block, into the intake and down the valve covers? i am so confused and i dont want to screw it up. the car smoked like crazy and i thought it was the turbo bearing seals beacuse there was always oil in the intake tube after the turbo.... i know too many questions at once. you guys's help is very helpful:D

so is the pcv tube in the actual block just the oil return or what.. how does the whole thing work? air comes out the valve covers and into the intake? or out the block, into the intake and down the valve covers? i am so confused and i dont want to screw it up. the car smoked like crazy and i thought it was the turbo bearing seals beacuse there was always oil in the intake tube after the turbo.... i know too many questions at once. you guys's help is very helpful:D

Yeah thats a definate sign of an oil sucker.. mines doing that too... It goes from the PCV and through the combustion chamber.... if its leaking... think of it as a vaccum leak... Thats metered air coming out of the crankcase.... If unmetered air (metered meaning... comes after the MAF) gets into the system your car can run like poo!

If you see a little bit of oil in the intake, well, thats expected, but, if you see like.. alota oil... then youd better get a catchcan and plug all of your breathers into it!!

Someone else can explain the pcv system more in depth... Just wanted to give you a quick synopsis and bad spelling to boot!

• 4 months later...