Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LED Turn Signals Require New Harness?

Have had the new 2007 OutBack Wagon Limited 2.5i for a week, absolutely LOVE the car, and want to go one more step. You can get the factory LED turn signals on the Special Edition, the H6 models and the XT, but not on the standard OutBack or OutBack Limited. I think the Led mirrors set the car off and are just the right touch. So I get a price for left and right mirrors from several different sources, figure I'll install the mirrors myself (been a backyard mechanic who has been in the backyard a while), but one of my sources says that I'll need to buy a $70.00 wiring harness for the passenger door, and a $84.00 harness for the driver's door as well. Is there anyone out there who can verify whether this is the case or not? I've done complete transfers of the power window/power door lock/power seat assemblies from one car to another that had none of the equipment installed, but the wiring harnesses and the appropriate fuses/relays were already in place. Pop the new stuff in place and it all worked. Granted, these were North American vehicles. If someone has the answer, I sure would appreciate it, since I don't want to pull the door panels until I have everything I need to do the job in one night. Thanks!