Ultimate Subaru Message Board

We'll I guess the hidden black ice with fresh snow on top of it didn't give quite enough traction to keep my 91' Legacy Turbo off the curb today--I ended up bending the control arm pretty good--I was planning on doing all the bushing's and ball joint while I was at it but want to know if there was anything else that I should definitely check. Also, I was going to do some junk yard searching for the control arm and wasn't sure if the control arm on the Turbo was interchangable with the non-turbo model??

Thanks!!

I have replaced a few control arms, as for as what will fit most junk yards will have that information. I do have some advice, Do Not remove the two large bolts on the rear bushing with impact wrench, use a small rachet after you use a large breaker to break them loose. You may need to wiggle the arm around a little as you are taking it off to keep the bolts coming out clean and straight. I used an impact one time and the bolt came out with no threads as the hole in the bushing just cleaned them off as I was removing it. I was worried that I might have ruined the threads in the mounting hole but I was lucky and just ruined the bolt.

We'll I guess the hidden black ice with fresh snow on top of it didn't give quite enough traction to keep my 91' Legacy Turbo off the curb today--I ended up bending the control arm pretty good--I was planning on doing all the bushing's and ball joint while I was at it but want to know if there was anything else that I should definitely check. Also, I was going to do some junk yard searching for the control arm and wasn't sure if the control arm on the Turbo was interchangable with the non-turbo model??

Thanks!!