Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all! Well my sitaution is so much getting old, I had to have my spoiler on my 2004 subaru legacy removed aways back to have the trunk painted due to the spoiler screws rusting out in my trunk causing the paint to rust, so I had the spolier removed at a subaru dealership to have the trunk painted and the rust fixed and new spolier hardware, so all was good then I developed a vibration coming from the trunk well the its the spoiler again, a different issue. My car was back at the dealership today for the problem and they did find that it was a port installed accessory which is not always a good thing because when accessories are installed at the port they are done rather half rump roast when I worked at a subaru dealership there were many times where there was port installed accessories and they had many problems even to replace them, so with my situation they have to replace the spoiler and order some different hardware, they had to get in touch with the subaru rep in regards to this situation so needless to say I am not happy with subaru I am actually thinking about calling them about this this spoiler situation.It is annoying and getting old, this is the only issue I am having with this car and its still under the 3yr 36k bumper to bumper and has 30k on it and its a 2004, so I am not sure at this point till I hear back from the subaru rep and dealership. The noise was for sure the spolier you could for sure tell the way it was happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Well my spoiler situation turned out to be that I have a port installed spolier on my subaru and not a subaru one either, not good man since I have had the trunk painted because of the spoiler bolts rusting and having to replace them and repainting my trunk to.The subaru dealer I go to has to get in thouch with the subaru rep and order a brand new subaru spolier and have it painted and reinstalled, the old one on my car now vibrates the trunk becasue of some kind of clips not holding it down, so with all this said I get a new spoiler onmy car and hopes all will be well after that.Subaru port installed accessories can be a pain beacause when they install them at randome they do not usually do it right and careless so it casues problems when i worked at the dealership I had on many ocassions seen problems like this withport installed accessories and it sucks to have to get it taken care of.