Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What em I missing! New plugs, air filter, O2, all done. Runs great just can't get better then 18 city, I was hoping for 22 or so. On a side note my 95 Volvo 850 T5 wagon gets about the same but has a 110 more HP's. Any suggestions? Thanks

Jay

2000 GT, Auto, 91k

I'm not sure that is all that bad for a 4 wheel drive heavy car in the city. My Forester does 24-25 mixed with a fair bit of freeway.
I do what is considered "city driving" and I'm a teenage driver. I can squeeze 20-23 out of my car. That being said, I don't floor it at every stoplight.

use a light pedal. remeber this is an AWD vehical, there is a lot of stuff for the engine to move, and its a heavy car.

My 2.2L legacy got 22-23 in city driving, my 2.5L outback gets 19 with normal driving, 22 if i use a light pedal. Both were automatics.

Also its winter, so gas mileag will drop.

nipper

I guess it's not to far off then. One thing I do notice is the gas pedal is fairly stiff, so it seems to take off pretty quick as you need to apply what seems like alot of force at the start(compared to Volvo atleast). Maybe I'll try lubing the cable to allow easier modulation. My quest will continue I guess.

I guess it's not to far off then. One thing I do notice is the gas pedal is fairly stiff, so it seems to take off pretty quick as you need to apply what seems like alot of force at the start(compared to Volvo atleast). Maybe I'll try lubing the cable to allow easier modulation. My quest will continue I guess.

could just be time for a new cable. Look under the hood and make sure nothing is binding.

nipper