Ultimate Subaru Message Board

there's no way to tell. we don't know what kind of driving you do, if you're letting it warm up before driving, how many miles, AWD or FWD, what kind of condition it's in, are you heavy foot or drive like grandma....there's too many variables to say "this car gets X gas mileage". 20 mpg is low, but expected if you're doing alot of city driving, using the gas and brake pedal alot, and letting the car warm up on cold days.

Just to give you an idea I have a perfect running 99 Forester. With the mixed city and freeway driving I do in San Mateo CA (mild climate no warm up), I get 23-24 in the winter.

If you do a lot of city driving and some warm up, maybe some snow, winter gas, you may not be that far off.

These cars are four wheel drive and are relatively heavy, this gives us a bit of fuel mileage penaly for passing the guys shoveling out thier cars.

I came to subaru from a Jeep and I still feel great after a fill up. I think I'm getting nearly 66% better mileage.

I have taken over a Legacy GT 2.5 Automatic. This car has, I think, a transmission issue and it is going to the dealer on the 26th of Dec. now, it gets rotten fuel economy, like it goes thru about 25 litres in 160 km or 5 gallons in 100 miles. like 20mpg. is this normal?

We'll I have a 2000 Legacy GT and I'm getting 17-18mpg all city:confused: So if you find something that helps please post it!