Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm kind of freaked out now...

Alexx

I posted four messages this morning. For some bizarre reason it was as if I was the only one posting.

Now I see that those four posts appear to be gone, as if I never made them.

I spent a bit of time on a couple of them. Also, the dates just below my four posts were all from Dec. 18th and earlier.

Can somebody explain what happened?

Check out this email notification that I just got a few minutes ago.

Hello Alexx,

pleiad7 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - I'm confused. This forum is dead??? - in the Older Generation of Subarus forum of Ultimate Subaru Message Board.

This thread is located at:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68867&goto=newpost

if you click on the link, it goes elsewhere.

you sure your internet connection wasn't freaky?

i've thought mine "disappeared" before as well, but usually turns out that there are similar threads.

or maybe.....do-do, do-do, do-do, do-do......

Well, you see the message right above yours right, the email notification states the name of my topic, which now doesn't exist. I started that topic, but it is nowhere to be found, and the topic number has been reassigned.

I guess forum software is "developing" to the point where we can all be on the same forum but each not see the same thing, how sad. This entire morning, all I saw was posts that dated to Dec. 18th, then my four responses. lol, after three hours, there were only 3 hits on my topic, and they probably were all mine.

Don't mean to be paranoid, but this can't be a good thing, everywhere else I was this morning I had no problems.

copy that, i posted that reply before ever seeing your second post....maybe another glitch.

Our posts were only a minute apart, so that's why you didn't see it.

Kind of bummed about those lost posts, I spent a bit of time on a couple of them, well over half an hour for the three lengthy ones.

Check out this email notification that I just got a few minutes ago.

Hello Alexx,

pleiad7 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - I'm confused. This forum is dead??? - in the Older Generation of Subarus forum of Ultimate Subaru Message Board.

This thread is located at:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68867&goto=newpost

if you click on the link, it goes elsewhere.

Yep, I replied to your post because the same thing was happening to me. Almost every time I've logged in over the past few days there were no new posts, and it appeared that I was the only person on the forum at the time. And now my post is gone along with your thread. What the heck?? :confused:

Thanks for that, but it is a bit disconcerting to actually see your own response at the top, the page full of topics, yet it's a mirage.

I thought something was wrong because the topic number five on page one (the first four I had responded to over a two hour span) was dated Dec. 18th, aka three days ago.

I suspected that maybe the forum had been down for everyone else and that I was the first one to get back on. But a couple of hours later when the new two new topics I started (one about fuses, the other asking where everybody was) only had 1 and 3 views, I knew something was wrong.

LOL, I just didn't expect my posts to be gone forever.