Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BFG A/T on Ram 50 rims

WoodsWagon

I couldn't find the thread where people put pics of their tire/rim combonations (I bet it'll show up in the related links at the bottom), so here's my combo:

06_12_25_DevEngine_020.JPG

The rims are drilled out to 4lug, and the origional subaru center cap clips onto the lugnuts. Those are 235/75R15 BFG's. 4" lift

Mods: If you want to move this to the right thread, I'd be grateful.

Ive got a set of them wheels! I plan to use them for off road with a mud tire.

I've also got a set of them tires too! they are going on a set of aluminum centerline wheels for street use.

Not to take over your thread but pyromanic, if them are the same as the wheels I have and I'd bet they are they are from a dodge D-50, also known as a ram. its a compact truck now out of production. the wheels are steel and are easy to find in most wrecking yards. I believe Mazda used nearly identical wheels on they're compact trucks.

Looks good though, any other pics?

The wheels do look really nice, especially when they're clean. Being able to fit the center cap covers up all the unused lug nut holes. They're decently thick steel, none of the stamped junk, so I think that the rims are pretty strong. I'll take a side shot, I was taking pictures of my burned valve, and I turned around and thought, hey I should take a picture of that.

They are off a late 80's Dodge ram D-50. It's really a rebadged mitsubishi truck. Nissan Hardbody sized pickup.

I took some side shots earlier today, i'll post the pictures up later. The tires stick out about 3/4" from the top of the wheel well. On the inside, you can slide your pinky between the tire and the spring seat. They are just about the perfect rim. They look nice to boot.

Here's the promised pic:

07_01_03_Car_014.JPG

That's with the stock mudflap on that side. It rubbed for a while, but then it melted enough of the flap off that it's fine now.

Another nice feature of the rims is the placement of the valve stem. It's right about on the centerline of the wheel, and peeks out through one of the holes in the rim. It's really protected. I've had to plug a stem with a gummy candy and electrical tape after shearing it off on a rock before, so I really like this design.

• 3 weeks later...