Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn: Portland, ME area members….

When purchasing parts I typically will shy away from the dealerships unless (1) I am in desperate need or (2) the parts are cheap enough to offset shipping charges. Well I happened to stop into the parts department at Maine Mall Motors, checking prices on valve cover gaskets and grommets for my Legacy. When he (Kevin Bennett) gave me the prices, I said “Thanks but no thanks as I can get them far cheaper on-line” to which he replies, “you bring me proof and I will price match, as long as I’m not losing money”. I said fine, went home, printed off the prices from subarupartsforyou, went back and as he said, he priced matched and didn’t include the cost of shipping (which some stores do when matching internet pricing). Needless to say, I was amazed. Now I offered to post this experience on a forum of very active Subaru owners, to which he replied, please do as he is in the business of selling parts. With that, he doesn’t want to get into shipping, so counter sales only. He said he will answer email inquires, so use mmmparts@berlincity.com. Just remember, he will need to see prices so he can match them. Again, Kevin Bennett at Maine Mall Motors.

Enjoy.