Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who supplies wheel bearings for Subaru?

I believe the answer is Koyo for my 99 forester. Rock auto has both Koyo and NTN rear wheel bearings, the latter of which costs a bit more.

I know that NTN makes the cv half shafts and the throwout bearing for my car, and because these parts have not given me any problems, I am considering going with NTN for the wheel bearings as well.

Thoughts anyone?

I've never had a rear wheel bearing job on my car so can't say for sure who makes these bearings, but I do know that Koyo makes the upper right t-belt smooth idler, the one with black grease seals.

Thanks for the great link, jamal.

Koyo makes good radiators.....haven't heard of them making bearings.....but I'm sure either would be fine.

I zoomed in on a picture of the bearing in MSA5TT0201, which is an NTN bearing. I guess I'll experiment with the Koyo bearing and see what happens. This way, I'll just repack them with some Mobil 1 synthetic. I hope it lasts longer this time.

Frankly guys bearings are standard size units the world over. Just take one for numbers and go to a good bearing house. Some of you probably see Bearing Engineering on Mythbusters. That's the one I like too. You match it up and you will have many choices in that size for strength and sealing.