Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks again to Hocrest and LeakingOil!!

They came up late yesterday and we worked into the night ..but Rocky now has headlights that go up and down....and a passenger side window that goes up and down...and Dave making the call to Ben for the new connecter...I should be able to start working on the cosmetics now without further worries about the mechanicals:banana: Carlisle Import Car Show here we come!:grin:

Carmen..its my 88 XT6 I call Rocky ..just got him recently for a great price from a great member..kinda got tossed into daily driving before I really wanted him to be due to complete brake failure on my 92 Loyale wagon ( Bucky ).

And Lucas..here is a teaser for you:grin:

xt6049.jpg

I love this pic for some reason

Carmen..its my 88 XT6 I call Rocky ..just got him recently for a great price from a great member..kinda got tossed into daily driving before I really wanted him to be due to complete brake failure on my 92 Loyale wagon ( Bucky ).

And Lucas..here is a teaser for you:grin:

xt6049.jpg

I love this pic for some reason

As awesome as you are, and as much as I like you, Connie.. I hate you. And First Union (Wachovia) for being sticklers with my dad, while we were up sheet's creek and he was less than six months from paying off the loan on his brand new XT-6 (AND only two months behind)

TOTALLY the "coolest" car I have ever ridden in... and I know at THIS point the air suspensions are all shot.. but man, when that thing picked itself up, and set itself down.... it was the bee's knees man..

Daeron... I feel for you and have been there myself..lost the only ever brand new vehicle I have ever and probably will ever own the same way ( it was my 94 Ford ..I know..Ranger XLT..loved it)..And if it makes you feel better...I dont have the Air Ride Suspension..mine has been converted over to coil overs. Also..I own probably the UGLIEST XT6 on the road right now..but they are out there..Melis got one for a great deal...needed some work but amazing price..Mine has basically a new motor ( 22K factory crate motor) but the body is shot. Gives you something to look forward to..to set goals to...I still want a much newer Outback Sport wagon for daily driving..but cant do..but maybe next year..who knows.

Daeron... I feel for you and have been there myself..lost the only ever brand new vehicle I have ever and probably will ever own the same way ( it was my 94 Ford ..I know..Ranger XLT..loved it)..And if it makes you feel better...I dont have the Air Ride Suspension..mine has been converted over to coil overs. Also..I own probably the UGLIEST XT6 on the road right now..but they are out there..Melis got one for a great deal...needed some work but amazing price..Mine has basically a new motor ( 22K factory crate motor) but the body is shot. Gives you something to look forward to..to set goals to...I still want a much newer Outback Sport wagon for daily driving..but cant do..but maybe next year..who knows.

Oh, it's all gravy :)

I only get to see one of those about once a year, and its getting less frequent as time passes. that photograph just took me back to when I was ten years old, thats all... One day, in the distant future, I would love to get ahold of an XT and swap an ej22 awd driveline into it.... give it a mild turbocharge, drive it for a little bit... then give it to the old man as a retirement present. "Here, I called the bank and pulled some strings. Have Fun." :grin:

One of my chief memories of the car was the extremely high rear end... the whole "wedge" shape, i guess is what I mean... Typically, that is a styling element I HATE on cars.. I mean, MY baby is the 280Z..... and thats a hatchback styled after the E-jag.. as sir mix-a-lot would say, baby got NO back. the XT's got back, and I normally HATE that in a car... but on the rocket wedge from outer space.. it just looks RIGHT!!!!

Just out of curiosity...what happened with the lights?

Dave fixed the pod controls on that side so the lights go down now..before they were always in the up position...even when we tried to crank them down they would fight you and nip and bite to stay up...as for the glowing lights...well...Rocky had to come home tis morning cause the battery wasnt charging again and wiggling the connector didnt fix it ( which it usually does)..light were too dull to drive with ..hope running it on the bad connector didnt add to much stress to the Alt and burn out the regulator on it...since it is a pretty new alt.Going to run it up to Advanced soon and see if they can test it

Hey Daeron...that comment about the rocket wedge from outer space...made me laugh...they call Rocky the Jetson car at work:grin: