Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It was a divorce of sorts. She started to spew bubbles into the coolant, couldn't drive more than 5 miles without overheating, the usual head gasket problems. I didn't have enough money or time to fix her, so we seperated for a while until my parents wanted her out of their driveway. I ended up selling her to some fool that backed into her at the gas station where I had it parked and advertised. At the time, I didn't realize what I was doing.

Chance came a few years later (basically a few months ago). Stupidly I left the plates on the car, and the idiot I sold it to never actually turned the title in, he just drove it around as it was. The cops found it on the side of the road, then notified me that it was being towed. I went down and saw it at the tow yard. It was horrible! The guy had treated it like crap, it was freakin' dirty inside! It was nothing like when I had it. I didn't have the money to pay for the outrageous towing and storage fee, so they took possession of the vehicle as payment. I lost it once again.

Since then, I've been seeing other Legacy's on the road and whimpered like a kicked puppy every single time. The other night I was at work and helped a guy that owned one. He was driving it around in this crappy weather and how he loved the "four wheel drive". I told him about the 90/10 F/R split of the automatics (until slippage, of course) and how I really liked the 50/50 split of the 5MT's instead. I mean I was PASSIONATE about it!

I really miss my Subaru. I still wear my "OUR WORLD IS FLAT!" T-shirt, and treasure the odd looks I get when I do. :rolleyes: A good friend of mine has a 00 AT Impreza and a 06 MT Impreza that he and his wife drive around and I am near BEGGING him to let me get behind the wheel of that 06. Another friend of mine bought a 06 AT Impreza and I nearly "disowned" him for not opting for the stick. :D My current 94 Plymouth Sundance Duster is a good car, but it's just not the same! Sure it's a manual, but every time I drive it in winter I remember what I used to have.

The Plymouth is starting to have some serious problems and it's getting to be new-car time again. I usually spend 1k-1500 and since tax time is coming up, if I get a big enough return I might be able to fully fund another Roo. In the meantime, I figured it would be time to get back on the board and refresh my knowledge of the best car manufacturer in the world!

It's good to be back! :banana:

I told him about the 90/10 F/R split of the automatics (until slippage, of course) and how I really liked the 50/50 split of the 5MT's instead. I mean I was PASSIONATE about it!

To be fair, the center clutch pack reacts faster than the viscous coupling, and new (VDC) autos can split power 80/20 either way.

To be fair, the center clutch pack reacts faster than the viscous coupling, and new (VDC) autos can split power 80/20 either way.

True, it's not like it's a bad thing. I just preferred the simple mechanics of a viscous coupling versus the clutch pack. Besides, when it comes to cars, this is how I see it:

With two pedals you are steering. :-\

With three pedals you are driving. :burnout: